You must be saying, “what the heck? Bone broth in cookies? I think Joyce lost her mind!!” I will admit, it must sound crazy! But I am not using traditional bone broth in the liquid form, I am using a bone broth protein powder from Prairie Naturals .
It comes in two flavours, either the beef or chicken. I used the beef one but the powder actually have no taste so you can add it into your smoothies, soups, sauces and in this case, even your cookies!
So why add bone broth powder to your cookies, you may be asking! Well I love cookies and I want to make them as good for me as they can be! Prairie Naturals Bone Broth has protein, no sugar, no carbs, collagen to build some hair and skin, it is good for your gut, good for your immune system….just to name a few good reasons! Who doesn’t want to eat a cookie that will give you nice hair, right?
Bone Broth Oatmeal Cookies!
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Prairie Naturals Bone Broth Powder I used the beef one, but you can use the chicken one if you like
- 1 /4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup white flour (you can sub in almond flour if you like)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Melt butter in microwave and add bone broth powder in. Whisk until the powder have dissolved.
- Add all other ingredients into a large bowl, mix and combine
- Add the bone broth butter mixture to the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine
- Shape each cookie into round balls and flatten them to about 1 inch in diameter
- Bake for 10 minutes of until the bottom are golden brown
- Cool and Enjoy!