I don’t know about you, but I find all store bought BBQ sauce to be way too sweet and I haven’t bought a bottle in quite some time. I do miss using BBQ sauce especially during the summer when we use the grill quite a bit. I decided to create my own BBQ sauce so I can cut down significantly on the sugar content. This is a great recipe for people who are on either a low carb diet or even a keto diet. Remember that recipes are just guidelines and you can always tweak it if you like a certain taste more! Use your intuition friends!
This recipe is so easy to make! In my opinion it is even easier than going to the store to buy it! So what are you waiting for? Give it a try, just in time for BBQ season! #HappyGrilling
Would love to hear what you think of this recipe! Are you on a keto diet? Low carb diet? Comment below and let me know!
Tools I used for this recipe:
Low Carb (Keto Friendly) Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 drops Liquid Smoke This stuff is strong so don't go crazy!
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard Find the best quality!
- 2 tablespoons stevia (or your fav sweetener) If you like it sweeter, feel free to add more stevia
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter (Grass fed if possible)
- Add all ingredients into sauce pan
- Cook until all ingredients are combined
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking (more salt, more stevia, etc)
- Let cool off the burner and put into mason jar