Unfortunately, we are here again, another post about how small Ontario businesses can apply for a business relief grant.
“Eligible businesses subject to closures as a result of the province’s move to the modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen will receive a grant of $10,000.”
- be required to close due to public health orders that took effect 12:01 a.m. on January 5, 2022
- have fewer than 100 employees
- restaurants and bars
- facilities for indoor sports and recreational fitness activities (including fitness centres and gyms)
- performing arts venues and cinemas, museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos, science centres, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens and similar attractions
- meeting or event spaces
- tour and guide services
- conference centres and convention centres
When to Apply?
There are no exact dates yet but it does say “in a few weeks”. See all the details here.
Business Costs Rebate
Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program: applications opening January 18, 2022.
“Eligible businesses that are required to close or reduce capacity will receive rebate payments for a portion of the property tax and energy costs they incur while subject to these measures. Eligible businesses required to reduce capacity to 50 per cent, such as smaller retail stores, will receive a rebate payment equivalent to 50 per cent of their costs, while businesses required to close for indoor activities, such as restaurants and gyms, will receive a rebate payment equivalent to 100 per cent of their costs.
A full list of eligible business types will be available through a program guide in mid-January 2022.
Online applications for this program will open January 18, 2022. Payments to eligible businesses will be retroactive to December 19, 2021.
Businesses will be required to submit property tax and energy bills as part of the application process.
If you have questions about the Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program, call 1-866-668-8297 (1-866-ONT-TAXS).”
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON GRANTS & GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE, VISIT THE LINK HERE.