You won’t feel guilty eating these burgers! How come you might ask? Well, they are actually a mix of ground chicken and veggies. This is a great recipe for picky eaters and children, especially when you want to sneak some extra veggies into their diets!
This recipe is very easy, tasty and freezes great so there are no excuses on those busy nights! 😛
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of rosemary removed from stem
- 1 pound ground chicken
- salt and pepper
- pinch of paprika
- 1 cup panko
- 1 medium egg beaten
– your favourite burger fixing: bun, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, condiments
– In a medium sized pan, heat up the olive oil on medium heat
– Add diced onion and garlic into pan and sautee for 2 minutes
– Add tomatoes, red pepper, carrots and rosemary into pan and cover and cook for 5 minutes (make sure you uncover the pan and check on the veggies every few minutes and stir mixture around).
– Once the carrots are soft, put mixture into blender (be careful, the mixture is hot). Blend the veggie mixture until smooth (like a paste)
– Mix the veggie mixture with the ground chicken, season with a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika
– Add in panko and beaten egg and mix
– Form into chicken burger patties (you can make them as big or as small as you like)
– In a medium heat pan coated with olive oil, pan fried both side of the chicken burger until golden brown. You can finish cooking the burgers on the stove or put them into an oven at 375 F for 10 minutes until the burger is cooked through.
– Serve on a bun with your toppings of choice and ENJOY!!!
You can definitely change up the veggies inside. I like to also add in spinach, sweet potatoes, and even kale!
Let me know if you tried this recipe and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @joyceofcooking!
Leave a Comment