Tzatziki sauce always reminds me of summer BBQs where you slather on this delicious sauce on all the meats and veggies that comes off the grill! Here is my simple recipe perfect for the last few weeks of summer! Also a note, I make mine in smaller batches because as much as you try to squeeze out the water in the cucumber, the sauce does get a little watery. Since it is such a simple recipe, I make it as I need it!
Simple Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 4-6 cloves garlic grated adjust based on how garlicky you want it
- 1/4 English cucumber peeled & finely cubed (or use 2 small cucumbers)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Peel and finely cubed cucumber
- Squeeze as much water as you can out of the cucumbers (you don't want a watery tzatziki sauce) and add to large bowl
- add all other ingredients into bowl and mix well
- Perfect to top with chicken but you can use it for all proteins! You can also store it in an airtight jar for a week!
Tools I used: