Get ready to enjoy zucchinis like you have never enjoyed them before! These zucchini fritters are keto friendly since they are made with almond (or coconut) flour and are super delicious and healthy! This is the best time of the year to make them too since zucchinis and summer squash are popping up everywhere from our gardens to the farmer’s market! You can make this recipe with any kind of squash you can find – green zucchini, yellow zucchini, patty pan squash! The choices are endless.
Something to keep in mind for the recipe is that you really want to squeeze out as much of the water as you can from the shredded zucchinis or the fritters will not stay together. I shredded it the night before, added the salt and left it in the fridge in a colander over night. Then right before I made the fritters, I squeezed the zucchinis with a cheese cloth to get any remaining liquids out. If you find your mixture a little wet still, you can add more almond of coconut flour to bind it together. Use your judgement. If you cannot form a fritter and its falling apart before you even cook it, it is probably too wet and need more almond or coconut flour!
These fritters are gluten free, low carb, keto friendly and still delicious so everyone can enjoy them! They are definitely a crowd pleaser! Hope you give them a try for your next potluck or BBQ! I guarantee you will love them!
Tools I used for this recipe:
Keto Friendly Zucchini Fritters
- 1 yellow zucchini shredded
- 1 green zucchini shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 sprigs green onions Chopped finely
- 3/4 cup almond flour You can use coconut flour instead if you like
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil For pan frying
- Dollap sour cream Optional
- Shred both yellow and green zucchini in a blender or with a box grater
- Transfer shredded zucchinis into a large bowl and sprinkle salt and mix
- Squeeze out all the excess water from your zucchinis. You can do this with a cheese cloth or just with your hands over sift. (Read what I did in the beginning of the post, but you just really want to squeeze as much liquid out as possible!)
- Put zucchinis into a large bowl, add egg, green onions, almond flour and Parmesan cheese and mix until combined
- In a cast iron skillet, heat to medium heat with some vegetable oil
- Form zucchini mixture into fritters. I did them at 1 inch in diameter. But you can make them whatever size you like.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Dollop with sour cream (optional)
This looks like a great way to use up all the summer zucchini from the garden! And healthy too! Thanks for sharing,
Yay for a keto zucchini fritter! The summer has really killed my waistline and I need to really find keto friendly snacks and side to munch on before I go all crazy carby for the winter so this is perfect! 🙂
I love zucchini fritters and appreciate this gluten-free version! I agree, the zucchini need to be dried so you don’t have soggy fritters. Nice job!
I have never had fritters! Your tips are so good for getting all the moisture out of the zucchini. When our neighbor gives us some of his surplus zucchini, I know what I’m doing with it!
Theses are so cute and look so tasty, too!
I love making these. I am impressed with how thick yours are as mine are quite a bit thinner. These look wonderful!
I love making fritters like this! Yours came out so beautifully! Wonderful recipe.
Made these for a BBQ yesterday using coconut flour. Absolutely incredible, I couldn’t be happier with them! I’m going to keep these on hand weekly. Thanks so much!
Hi Brad! Thanks so much for the kind comment and so glad to hear you loved the zucchini fritters! 🙂