Who doesn’t love a good stuffed pepper? It is easy, versatile, and delicious! You can really change this recipe up to your liking, from different meats (beef, sausage, ground pork, ground chicken) to add rice instead of quinoa. You can also change up the flavours, add soy sauce, sesame oil for a more Asian version of this dish. Really, the possibilities are endless. You will love this super easy recipe that is perfect for meal prepping or a quick weekday dinner! Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments below.
- 4 large bell peppers (any colour will do)
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 lb ground meat (you can use pork, beef, chicken)
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili peppers (You can add more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded cheese You can use any cheese you like, but it is optional!
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium pan, cook one of the bell peppers, onion, garlic, ground meat and all spices together until the ground meat is fully cooked
- While meat is cooking, cut peppers in half and remove stem and seeds
- Add cooked quinoa into meat mixture (I use my instant pot to cook my quinoa in 1 minute! If you don't have an instant pot, you can cook quinoa on the stove top following the package directions)
- Scoop meat and quinoa mixture into the half peppers , put onto a baking sheet or baking dish and cook for 25 minutes
- Remove from heat and add shredded cheese on top and put it back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes (If you don't want to add cheese, just cook it for a full 30 minutes)
- Remove from oven and enjoy!