When you think of enjoying a Dutch Baby, you are probably thinking about a sweet version, right? But did you know you can easily convert it into a savory version as well? The Dutch Baby will be the same recipe, with a little less sugar and no vanilla extract but the savory topping options are endless.
What exactly are Dutch Baby Pancakes?
If you are not familiar with what Dutch Babies are, let me give you a quick run down! It really is a combination or a crepe and pancake. You cook it in a very hot skillet and the batter puffs up once it starts cooking. The edges browns up and you can top it off with either sweet of savory toppings.
Do you HAVE to use a blender to make the batter?
Technically no, but when you do use the blender, it really combines the ingredients together giving you a smooth batter which is what you want in a Dutch Baby Pancake! If you have arms of steel and can whisk like a champ, you can go the old fashion way!
Why Desert Pepper Peach Mango Salsa?
I include this amazing salsa into this recipe because it really ties all the savory flavours together and create the most amazing savory Dutch Baby Pancakes. This sweet and spicy flavour combination is simply perfect! Desert Pepper offers a ton of other flavour as well with their salsa. You can get them online at Gourmet Trading Co and you can learn more on their website here.
Desert Pepper Peach Mango Dutch Baby
- Cast iron pan
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TBSP butter
- Goat Cheese
- Desert Pepper Peach Mango Salsa
- Preheat oven with cast iron pan inside oven to 425 F
- While the oven and pan are preheating, add to a blender eggs, salt, sugar, flour, and milk and blend together until smooth
- Once the oven and pan have been preheated, remove pan from oven carefully and add butter. Swirl it around the hot pan until melted
- Immediately pour the Dutch Baby Pancake batter into hot pan and return to oven
- Let cook for 15-20 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown
- Remove from oven and top with Prosciutto, goat cheese, arugula, and Desert Pepper Peach Mango Salsa
- Eat and Enjoy!!