If you have been following me and reading my recipes, you know I love the Instant pot! The instant pot is great for cooking food super fast and making amazing dishes like soups, pasta and now, get ready for this – you can make a cake in your instant pot! That’s right, you can make a delicious cheesecake in only 18 minutes.
This instant pot cheesecake recipe is very simple with only a few ingredients needed. You can fold in berries into the batter if you like but I like to garnish with fruits at the end. You can also add a layer of sugar once the cake is cooled and create a creme brulee topping like I did, but that is completely optional.
The main thing to keep in mind is that you will need to get a spring form pan that will fit inside your instant pot. Depending on which instant pot model you are using, you will need to look for a 4″ to 7″ spring form pan. (You can easily get them from amazon, link is below) If you are looking for other recipes using the instant pot, go check them out here: Chili, Butternut squash soup, beef stew, and there are more, so browse through and enjoy! I also did a whole blog post on why I love my instant pot, check that out here.
Cheesecake in an Instant Pot? That's right, you can make cake in the Instant Pot!
- 1 (8oz block) cream cheese room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg room temp
- ¼ cup sugar
- fruits as topping (Optional)
- additional sugar to use for creme brulee topping
- Grease your spring form pan (I am using a 4” one)
- With a hand mixer, mix all ingredients (except for topping ingredients)
- Pour into greased pan
- Wrap a piece of tin foil around the bottom and sides of the pan to prevent water seeping through since this is a crust less cheesecake
- Put trivet into instant pot and pour about 1 ½ cups of water
- Put the cheesecake on top of the trivet
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure/manual for 18 minutes (make sure the sealing valve is on “Sealed”)
- Once it beeps, indicating the 18 minutes are up, release the pressure on quick release
- Remove the cheesecake from the instant pot and let cool in the fridge for a few hours
- Serve with your favourite toppings
- Once the cheesecake is cooled, you can add additional sugar on the top and set your oven to broil and get a nice creme brulee top on the cheesecake