One of my favourite dessert of all time is bread pudding! I love how simple the recipe is and for the most part, you usually have all the ingredients at home already. I also love how you can use up for old bread that might be getting a little dry so you don’t waste any food!
When I researched a little more about bread pudding, it seems like all cultures have their own variation of this delicious dessert. In some Canadian recipes, a little maple syrup is added. In Hong Kong, it is usually served with some vanilla cream. In Cuba, they add a guava marmalade! Yum! Whatever variation you try, you really cannot go wrong with bread pudding.
My bread pudding recipe, like most of my recipes is super easy and fast to make! If you try it, make sure you tag me on social media so I can see your beautiful creations! (@joyceofcooking #joyceofcooking)
Bread Pudding - The Perfect Go to Dessert!
- 8 slices old bread Any type of bread will work, I used hamburger buns
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 TBSP butter melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large cast iron pan, rip apart the slices of bread and place on the bottom of the pan
- In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix well
- Pour mixture over bread in the cast iron pan and push bread pieces down so it is all soaking in the mixture. If the mixture seems dry, add more milk
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and some ice cream!